Vision and Mission Statement
Our vision is:
Life and learning at Greatham School is firmly rooted in the message:
Love each other, just as I have loved you (John 15:12)
Central to our school ethos is love and respect for God, each other and all of creation and we value the positive partnerships with the Church, families, governors and the wider community.
We love each other because we believe that each person, from youngest to oldest, is unique and created in God’s image and likeness (Genesis 1.26).
We aim to provide a loving and nurturing environment that enables pupils to fully develop their skills and talents. We encourage children to take risks, make mistakes and through perseverance, learn from these to achieve in a loving and supportive environment.
We support pupils to become independent, resilient and reflective learners through a creative, broad and balanced curriculum tailored to their needs. We are dedicated to making the school a loving and caring community where all children can interact, learn and pursue academic excellence together so that they may lead responsible and fulfilling lives.
We support all our school family to live out the message Love each other, just as I have loved you (John 15:12) through our core Christian values of love, hope, peace, forgiveness and trust, which are deeply rooted in all aspects of school life.
Our aim is to develop each individual child academically, spiritually, morally, socially and emotionally through an engaging, motivating curriculum which is underpinned by our Christian ethos. With high expectations for all, we encourage children to take risks, make mistakes and through perseverance, learn from these to achieve.
- To meet the needs of every child through a personalised learning experience with high expectations for all.
- To ensure all teaching and learning within school is engaging, motivating and inspires children to have a love of learning regardless of ability, gender or ethnicity
- To ensure each child reaches their full potential and achieves in all aspects of the curriculum
- To ensure each child has the resilience and skills to prepare them for life after Greatham.
- To promote a sense of belonging, work within the wider school family and with St. John the Baptist Church so the community can thrive
The Children’s Aims:
- To have fun and love learning
- To feel safe so we can make mistakes
- To do our best and produce the best quality work.
- To be challenged in everything we do
- To have friends and help each other
- To set a good example
- To achieve our goals no matter what
These are Greatham’s core Christian Values…